About Me

Friday, January 6, 2017

first day chronicles/ oh my soul

first day of new mopex posting was decidedly AWESOME

haha ok actually, i literally never left the busyED, coz we go back all the time. so it wasn't a true first day first day. neither was it my first resus shift there, but still i was feelin a lil nervous + excited cos i havent done that many adult resus shifts nor have i done one for quite while now. i remember pre my first resus shift. i was SO nervously excited and then so relieved to see a familiar boss in the resus room!

it was truly busy BUT I SURVIVED!!

plus i managed to intubate someone!!! HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY. very grateful to bosses for letting me intubate and guiding me through it. also thank you to mr glidescope for making it so easy. wahaha. (yes i know anesthetists intubate people all the time. but this is my first time since becoming a doctor. so it was pretty exciting for me heh)

good start to the new posting INDEED. it is also really nice when everyone (colleagues, bosses and nurses) already knows you hahaha. doubly nice when there are two sets of nurses from diff hospitals but you literally know both sets! makes things much faster and smoother. so many small little pockets of grace and blessings from God around us :)

that said, i have LOADS to learn and improve on. that much i have known for ages.
now i know exactly what i need to do to get there. this mythical "there" i have been trying to reach forever. haha. the fog clears and i can see the way mapped out for me.

to the past 6 mths, which i very clearly documented every step of the way here, i think my gratitude to God for guiding me to that posting is clear. i hope this posting is just as blessed! haha. that said, i think that i also grew up a lil too fast in the past 6 mths and i think that i have a LOT more headknowledge as well as practical skillz to accquire in the next 6 mths. the job is cut out for me but i'm always up for a challenge!!

i'm also for some crazy reason itching for physical challenges such as trialathons and races. i know it's near impossible to do everything HAHA, but i'm a firm believer in physical exercise making one feel awesome. for the record, i went to gym on the FIRST DAY of 2017. and then i went cycling on the second day of 2017! not sure abt the next 363 days. but i'll try.

another thing is that for some reason, waking up each day on the right side of the bed and starting the day with a quick prayer and preshift reading the liturgy of hours, somehow makes for awesome shifts. hope i can keep that up this year! put God first, and all will fall in place :)


oh my soul - casting crowns

Oh, my soul
Oh, how you worry
Oh, how you're weary, from fearing you lost control
And no one would blame you, though
If you tried to hide it away, so no one knows
No one will see, if you stop believing

Oh, my soul
You are not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how, you can lay this down
'Cause you're not alone

Here and now
You can be honest
I won't try to promise that someday it all works out
'Cause this is the valley
And there will be dancing
There will be beauty where beauty was ash and stone
This much I know

I'm not strong enough, I can't take anymore
And my shipwrecked faith will never get me to shore
(You can lay it down, you can lay it down)
Can He find me here
Can He keep me from going under

No comments:

Post a Comment