About Me

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

you are more than the sum of your past mistakes/ even the sparrow knows He holds tomorrow

"You Are More" - tenth avenue north

There's a girl in the corner
With tear stains on her eyes
From the places she's wandered
And the shame she can't hide

She says, "How did I get here?
I'm not who I once was.
And I'm crippled by the fear
That I've fallen too far to love"

But don't you know who you are, 
What's been done for you? 
Yeah don't you know who you are?

You are more than the choices that you've made, 
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes, 
You are more than the problems you create, 
You've been remade. 

Well she tries to believe it 
That she's been given new life 
But she can't shake the feeling
That it's not true tonight

She knows all the answers 
And she's rehearsed all the lines 
And so she'll try to do better 
But then she's too weak to try

'Cause this is not about what you've done, 
But what's been done for you. 
This is not about where you've been, 
But where your brokenness brings you to 

This is not about what you feel, 
But what He felt to forgive you, 
And what He felt to make you loved. 

~
beautiful song as always :)

i think the pre-exam panic is finally setting in

looking back, i realize that it was the day i was praying for guidance as to whether i shld take the part 2a of the mrcpch or the frcem primary, that God showed me my path, right out of a drama (isnt my life always like that...) usually its me going to my friends and asking them "do you think this is a Sign from God?" but this time, it's my friends who told me "it seems like God's trying to tell you something".

so i guess although i would love to pass this exam, the turning point between me being yoked to my past life and setting out on a new road, its a little difficult HAHAHA coz the qns are a little tough (understatement)

but it's okay either way. to have been given this opportunity, to have experienced even a tiny bit of miracle and grace, it has been thoroughly worth it. this exam has given me more than i have given it. it's probably the most grace-filled exam i have ever taken.

but i'll still try, for the next 24hrs, give it my all. that's the most i can do. haha. EVERY POINT COUNTS, that's my philosophy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment