About Me

Friday, October 28, 2016

with God you know that anything's possible



this youtube video popped up on my feed and made me smile

"Giants Fall"

Everyone's telling you
To let go of what you're holding to
It's too late, too far
You're too small, it's too hard
Throwing water on that spark
Living deep inside your heart
With oceans of reasons
The things you're not seeing
But oh, maybe they don't
Know what you know
That you're not alone

[Chorus:]
Don't you be afraid
Of giants in your way
With God you know that anything's possible
So step into the fight
He's right there by your side
The stones inside your hand might be small
But watch the giants fall

We could really live like this
Can't you imagine it
So bold, so brave
With childlike faith
Miracles could happen
Mountains would start moving
So whatever you may face

[Chorus]

Ask and believe
You're gonna see
The hand of God in every little thing

[Chorus]

Miracles can happen
Anything is possible
Watch the giants fall

~

lots of events have been happening & truth be told, sometimes it gets a little hard to believe. sometimes, no most of the time, my inner cheerleader gets fatigued from continously repeating "it's going to be ok. God is going to save us".

i honestly do think that the only way to keep on going is to believe. if you dont believe, it's very hard to keep on putting one foot in front of the other. to believe that no matter what, the sun is going to rise. that no matter how long the drought, God will send some rain.

a few more shifts in the busy hospital, then i can focus on research + exams.

i am as always grateful for so many things - my supervisor and her kind comments that really made my day on a busy shift where i left a few hrs later than i was supposed to. friends new and old - its fun having c in the same dept and great that i can ask him for advice. and post evening shift chillaxing at cheers haha. the boundless kindness of dr j - for which i literally dont think i can ever thank him enough. that the past two months have been relatively smooth despite the fact that i havent done adult med for a year, and before that i was a ho - this is the first time ive had to make my own independent decisions in adult med and luckily enough, good habits like always asking for advice if sth niggles at you or you arent sure, as well as transferable skills, saw me through. and God's grace.

for the exciting times, all the pushing patients to resus, the bleeds, the massive haemetemesises and the massives haemoptyses. calling cts for ecmo. for the nurses who help me save my dinner/ share their food with me when i miss the dinner timing/ share their excitement at work with me.
me "wah today busy ah" (an UNDERSTATEMENT btw)
nurse "i know, but exciting right"

other memorable instances
me *puts file into nurses action slot*
nurse " Dr E, why are you so fast"
me " HAHAHAHA that's literally the first time in my life someone has said that to me
nurse "really ah. first time ever?!"

i walk into fever for a shift
nurse "dr e! heng ah"
me "hahahaha ok i hope i live up to that tonight"

for the record i survived that shift ;p
ok, off to sleep prenight. it's FRIDAY NIGHT. good luck to us allll haha


No comments:

Post a Comment