About Me

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

each step i take/ you make a way



"God Of All My Days"

I came to You with my heart in pieces
And found the God with healing in His hands
I turned to You, put everything behind me
And found the God who makes all things new
I looked to You, drowning in my questions
And found the God who holds all wisdom
And I trusted You and stepped out on the ocean
You caught my hand among the waves
'Cause You're the God of all my days

Each step I take
You make a way
And I will give You all my praise
My seasons change, You stay the same
You're the God of all my days

I ran from You, I wandered in the shadows
And found a God who relentlessly pursues
I hid from You, haunted by my failure
And found the God whose grace still covers me
I fell on You when I was at my weakest
And found the God, the lifter of my head
And I've worshiped You
And felt You right beside me
You're the reason that I sing
'Cause You're the God of all my days

Each step I take
You make a way
And I will give You all my praise
My seasons change, You stay the same
You're the God of all my days

~

had a really good night shift!! it was so good in fever i went to help in p3, which was so good that me and the other p3 mo ended up having d3 tgt at 4am haha.

i came to you with my heart in pieces/ and found the God with healing in His hands

the past few shifts have been all really good. i think its coz once my plug setting got better, life got really much better haha.

thinking about it, i think what i meant is that i no longer want to set my sights on things as goals to be achieved. in the sense that i dont want to feel bitter when i dont get the things i hold on so tightly to. i just want to coast on this floating feeling forever. this feeling that God's got my back, that he's saving me day after day, that finally after forever i'm doing the right thing, what God called me to do. that's what i meant. yes. i think my soul has already been shattered countless times over. each time i'm not sure if it gets easier or harder to repair it. but i know that God helps me each time. i can still remember the days my soul shattered, even after all this time passes. i guess after all that, i have different yardsticks by which i evaluate my life. it might make me sound a little inmature or idealistic, not sure which. but after all this, i cant really evaluate my life by the usual yardsticks, not least because it doesnt really measure up - HAHA. i guess as long as i'm doing God's work, where i am or what i'm doing, i dont really mind. i guess what im trying to say is i realize that there are a lot of things i have given up on. my pride, things i held on tightly too - i no longer hold on tightly to them, because i realized that God has something much better in store. but that doesnt mean that my soul wasn't shattered, just that God will put me back together :)

and my shipwrecked faith/ will never make it to shore
can he find me here/
can he keep me from going under?
oh my soul/ you are not alone/
there's a place/ where fear has to face the God you know
one more day/ he will make a way

No comments:

Post a Comment