About Me

Friday, August 5, 2016

a way to see in the dark

sparrow - jason gray 
You can't add a single day by worrying
You'll worry your life away
Oh don't worry your life away
You can't change a single thing by freaking out
It's just gonna close you in

Oh don't let the trouble win

You may feel alone
But you're not on your own

(chorus)
if He can hold the world He can hold this moment
not a field nor flower escapes His notice
Oh even the sparrow
Knows He holds tomorrow

Lean in and it's hard to miss
Everything can change
When you make it His
Oh He wants to carry it
When you let it go
You'll find that He's enough

There's not a single star that's out of place
There's nothing broken He can't remake
If you long for hope when you're afraid
Oh look at the sparrow

Look at the sparrow

~
how come even a sparrow knows that He holds tomorrow, but sometimes in the dark when you cant see beyond your five fingers, you can't? 
~
"Remind Me Who I Am"

When I lose my way,
Remind me who I am.
In the mirror all I see,
Is who I don't wanna be,
Remind me who I am.
In the loneliest places,
When I can't remember what grace is.

When my heart is like a stone,
And I'm running far from home,
Remind me who I am.
When I can't receive Your love,
Afraid I'll never be enough,
Remind me who I am.
If I'm Your beloved,
Can You help me believe it.
~

"A Way To See In The Dark"

Here I am
Begging for certainty again
But simple trust
Is what you're asking me to give
If I am saved
You tell me it will not be by sight
So when I pray
I'll close my eyes, I'll close my eyes

I'll reach for your hand in the night
When the shadows swallow the light
'Cause I'm giving up, giving in 
Once again a childlike faith
Is my only way
To see in the dark

The question mark
Hung at the end of every fear
Is answered by
The promise that you are with me here
And that's all I've got
When the lights go out and I lose my way
So I'll close my eyes
I won't be afraid, I won't be afraid

If every star falls and the sun fails to rise
If You are my help, my hope and my vision 
One step at a time You will lead

Once again a childlike faith
Is my only way
To see in the dark

To see in the dark
~

"Where We Go From Here"

You never say I told you so,
Even though you told me so,
You just say I am sorry that it hurts,
You forget what I've done wrong,
You can't more about movin' on,
Your grace dances circles around my words

Even when the curtain falls or the lights
Fade to black and I'm afraid it's finished,
It's just beginning you say lift your head,
I'll dry your tears then I'll show you,
Where we go from here [x3]

~

i'm really loving all the music finds on spotify :)
cause im givin' up, givin' up, cause once again a childlike faith is my only way to see in the daaaark~

God? Where do we go from here? should i start this crazy journey tomorrow or today? this year or next? i dont know, i dont have the answers. but thank you for giving them trust in me. even though i dont trust myself sometimes. its good to know that SOMEONE out there believes in me. 

this is a crazy journey, i know. it makes no sense.
if you had asked me to choose this myself, i may not have had. hahaha. only God could have done this to push me out of my comfort zone.
or maybe, probably, the big computer in the sky. yeah, that.

one more month before i need to prove myself.
this sounds awfully familiar. boss sitting in the consult rm on a night shift telling me "when u go up there, u need to hit the ground running"
eh the problem is, i dont think my nature allows me to hit the ground running
i know what it's going to be like already. i'm going to be really noob for awhile, then eventually i'll figure it all out haha. well i HOPE i'll figure it all out.

oh well. i guess i may surprise myself yet. i guess God has never brought me to something that he didn't bring me through, not unscathed, but alive nevertheless. i guess what doesnt kill me can only make me stronger :)
~

"Even This Will Be Made Beautiful, Pt. 2"

Between the thunder and the lightning’s flame
I knew the storm was just a mile away
But it surprised me just the same
When it blew my straw house down

Now standing in the aftermath
With no idea how to build it back
I wonder as I wander through the fields of ash
Is there hope to carry on?

Could this, even this, be made beautiful?

Growing up I was told the sun would always rise
And I believed because I was a child
But now it’s hard to tell the truth from the lies
When the child is fast asleep

Wake up little boy, I need your faith today
I need your innocence to show the way
When I’m too tired to trust that love will save the day
And I need your eyes to see

Even this will be made beautiful
Even this will be made beautiful, beautiful

I know I shouldn’t worry
And I should not be afraid
I want to walk across the water
I want to rise above the crashing waves
But this fear in me is heavy
I’m scared it’s going to pull me down
So please reach out your hand
I don’t want to drown

Even this will be made beautiful, beautiful
Even this will be made beautiful, beautiful

There’s never been a night the morning couldn’t break
Or a heart that wasn’t forged in the fires of its own ache
What’s left after the storm is left for heaven’s sake
For the breaking and remaking of our hearts

~
could this, even this, be made beautiful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment