About Me

Monday, July 11, 2016

post night reflections

life has been more than just urtis lately

thus far i have seen:
hornet sting
quite a few pids/ lbp with radiculopathy
renal colic
finger lacs
nstemi 
ccf
falls with bleeds
WPW!!
?brugada

so much new stuff to learn! lovin it

& i really think ultrasound is uber cool 

found this really nice song from my current fav drama: 
"Flashlight"

When tomorrow comes
I'll be on my own
Feeling frightened of
The things that I don't know
And though the road is long
I look up to the sky
And in the dark I found, lost hope that I won't fly

I got all I need when I got you and I
I look around me, and see a sweet life
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
You're getting me, getting me, through the night
Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes
Can't lie, it's a sweet life

I see the shadows long beneath the mountain top
I'm not afraid when the rain won't stop
'Cause you light the way
You light the way,
You light the way

~
this song makes me think of the bonfire that night. maybe not everything was bubbles meant to burst. it makes me smile a little to think that God sent me someone to walk with me through the dark, even if i didnt know that then. even though we know it can never be, at least we remember those times as happy memories (that's more that can be said for so many other burst bubbles). 

you know how i always say years ago angels came to help me in a stairwell but this time i think they came to help me on a random night shift. as far as i'm concerned, it's an act of kindness i can never repay. but i will do my best to repay it!! hopefully using the one skill i have. yes i WILL. 

the funny thing is when i was talking to fr c during retreat i was THINKING of all the ways God has shown me his grace & mercy on this crazy new road but i didnt actually say it out loud, i merely said i was wondering what is the right path & dont want to jump to conclusions again this time. but meanwhile all the things God has done were flashing through my head. & then suddenly he told me "God sometimes closes doors & opens a window". 

there are many many things i have to repay in this life. so many random acts of grace & mercy & kindness, & i'm determined to repay them the best way i can. even if it's difficult. even if i face opposition. & i know that i CAN do it. 

~

another nice one - sunflower by younha:

Don’t blankly stand there with yesterday’s pain
Don’t be in pain because you’re lonely
Is this the right path that I’ve been dreaming of?
I looked back at my nervous self
When I find that path
All I be able to smile?
There’s a lot that I want

The painful days
Things can be different from yesterday
Don’t think that you’re alone
The past painful memories
Are not important anymore
Some day, when the tears stop
The hard times will tell me
Thank you, have strength
That everything will be alright

No comments:

Post a Comment