About Me

Friday, January 1, 2016

on starfish/ 2015 in review

jan: yesterday i was reassuring some patient and her relative of something and feeling quite warm fuzzies as the aunty smiled benevolently at me... then suddenly her smiling daughter said "... oh and how old are you? 21?" LOL.
feb: i just need to make a difference to one starfish a day. as long as it makes a difference to that starfish, it's enough. in this year, i'm going to become the best starfish-thrower i can be. that's my resolution

march: I SURVIVED NIGHT FLOAT. and i didnt have to call my mo a single time to help with plugs. NOT A SINGLE TIME. personal achievement. 
april: 11 years ago, this is how i knew there was a God. /this year began with my abstract being accepted to a conference and ended with me winning best speaker
may: i survived HO-ship!! *amazed*

june: this is probably the most difficult thing ive done in my entire life, no kidding.
july: He sends little cute kids to give me raisins or drawings or to play around my chair as i print their meds and say they want to be like doctorjiejie (HAHA if only they knew)
aug: such relief when the kid highfives me and runs out of the room. knowing there's unlikely anything lifethreatening im missin there huh.

sept: many days, i end up monologuing (as God sometimes seems very faaaar away and high up) "God, i think i'm coming to the end of my ropes. i think this is as far as my engines were engineered to go. i dont think i can run this race any longer. this is as much as i go."
oct: the other day a baby had ga through the foot plug i set (!!) amazed.
nov: "if you put God first & rely on him, everything will fall into place, not in your timing, but in God's timing". / me, who never gets anything until at least the THIRD TRY, actually passed an exam on the first go. thank you God!!!
dec: "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father. Eph 3:14" I just pray that between now & whenever it is that I finally find my answers to this season in life, or my miracles that I keep on holding out for, that we have peace in our hearts & never lose our God.
~
hello world, it's been a really crazy and action packed year. with the main theme of TURNING BABY MO. started off with assisting in surgeries & running clinics in gs, moved on to running to c sections & assisting c sections (thereby thoroughly satisfying my pre-med sch ambitions to be a surgeon LOL.) moved house, took & passed exams (THANK YOU GOD!). won debates. fulfilled my lifelong dream of doing ce. finally became a paeds mo and SURVIVED ALL MY PAEDS CALLS! sedated numerous people, the last notably at ONE AM LAST NIGHT. watched many bmas. had my last (full) paeds call ytd night. we will see next year where God calls me to :) ? back to paeds?

i think i did fulfil my main resolution of 2015. i really tried with each starfish :)

resolutions/ goals for 2016
1. always do the right thing. and to have the courage to ask if i dont know (i think this will be easier in ce as seniors are always around! as opposed to sitting in the ward at 2am weighing the options to call the reg or not haha)
2. to -attempt- to bring happiness& joy to others.
3. to gym or run err... one time per week at least. hahah
4. to plan loads of awesome hols with loved ones
5. to find out what i want to do with my life. and what God wants me to do with my life. and hopefully both are somewhat in the same general direction
6. operation smile
7. to try a trialathon!

Jesus said `I am the door; if any one enters by me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture'. Jn 10:9
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end: they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-24
We may not be able to see far ahead, but we may be sure that he has planned the way for us, for 'we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them' (Eph 2:10).


No comments:

Post a Comment