About Me

Sunday, May 3, 2015

you're not alone

i survived HO-ship!! *amazed*

my last call was actually fairly okay, to the point that at around 2am i went up and started hidsing up the postnatal patients who were due to go home that day. the nurses were highly amused. i also spent the morning surrepitiously writing very last minute reflections on ho yr for the cmg tea that i was precluded from attending due to aforementioned last call, in between discharging patients. quite a fitting ending to the year really. the only thing is that despite predischarging half my pts i still ended up going home at 330pm due to arranging a lot of e-ops sigh.

so tomorrow after getting my last form signed off and listing my last patient for surgery, i'll be officially a mo! :) thank God, literally.

this last posting has been actually really fun on hindsight and everything i wanted from it & more. initially i actually just wanted to catch babies and be in this hospital to do my research. i didnt actually physically catch that many babies since usually im occupied with stitching up their mothers or ordering postnatal meds, did do some research tho. but i learnt alot abt how the emergency ops work and how to run to ot stat! which will def come in useful for neonates. i also cooed at plenty of babies at midnight when ordering their vaccines and took the opportunity to sneak into nicu whenever i could (e.g when instructed to go and check on pt's babies for them). the fellow hos in this posting have been AMAZING. they made an otherwise stressful posting where we are all on our tenterhooks trying not to get scolded/into trouble much more than bearable.

things i learnt from this posting
1. how to tie surgical knots :)
2. how to list an emergency c section
3. how to set plugs and take blood with nearly 100% sucess rate (c.f. my two night floats yo!) seriously thank you o&g, this is the best thing that could've happened to me. (ok so my last call there were 2 very difficult veins i couldnt get crap but that doesnt count coz i soldered on this call despite my severe dysmenorrhoea but anyway satish got them eventually while i took 2 other bloods for him hahaha so it kinda evens out lehh).

it's been awesome man. now need to go read the ce guidelines from cover to cover. let's hope my mo postings are as blessed as ho yr has been.



Some days I barely hold on
When life drags me down
I wanna let go
But when my spirit is weak
You come to my aid
And strengthen my soul

I'm lost without You
I'll never doubt You
Your grace is beyond compare, ooh
And though when it rains, it pours
You know all I have is Yours
You smile when you hear my prayer

You rescued me and I believe
That God is love and He is all I need
From this day forth for all eternity
I'll never wander on my own
For I am Yours until you call me home
I close my eyes and I can hear You say
You're not alone!
You're not alone!

Some days I just can't go on
I stumble and fall
And I hang my head
But You reach out for my hand
And You lift me up
Again and again
Oh, yes, You do

I'm lost without You
I'll never doubt You
Your grace is beyond compare, ooh
And though when it rains, it pours
You know all I have is Yours
You smile when you hear my prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment