About Me

Sunday, February 1, 2015

who am i

"Who Am I"

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt?
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart?


Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are.


I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean.
A vapor in the wind.
Still You hear me when I'm calling.
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling.
And You've told me who I am.

I am Yours, I am Yours.

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again?

Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me?

Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?
'Cause I am Yours, I am Yours.
~

gs is coming to an end. it has literally been an epic journey, and there are a thousand loose ends still to tie up on the last day. goodness only knows how i'm gonna do that. the next 3 months is going to be a whirlwind of delivering babiez, kinda looking forward to that. i mean part of why i came into med sch is to do all that cool stuff but in m4 we were posted to a place which had hardly any nvds -_- haha. also who knows if one day i really end up as a rural doctor (one of my childhood dreams.. along with doctors without borders and neurosurg), i may well need to know how to deliver babies. and also research and mugging for exams. 

residency results is coming out anytime soon, i can safely say that i'm totally ok with getting in (duh) if God thinks i'm ready, if not i'm totally ok with getting more experience (my greatest fear is on the first day as a resident and people are like HUH HOW COME YOU DONT KNOW THIS. RESIDENT RIGHT?) and getting better at bld taking and LPs. and though i love little kids i dont mind a few extra months to spend exploring my childhood dreams of NEUROSURG as well and practicing intubating (in a controlled, planned manner). in short there are many advantages to one more year of experience& im secretly looking forward to bettering myself before plunging into the real thing (much as i love it). i'm not really one who loves to plunge into things unprepared & the gold-rush attitude of m5 has long, long passed. if anything HOship has made me thoroughly aware of the basic importance of surviving each day, as well of the importance of first impressions & doing what you do well. ie, there's no point going early into something and sucking thoroughly at it. (that's colored by gs though hahaah. just sayin') that said there are many times in life where you do things you arent prepared to do like the first time i offed drains/ CVP/PICC i was terrified but no choice right, someone has to do it and that's the ho. i remember misa and i followed kj to take out our first drain HAHA. that first hpb posting was really such a ball. 

the gs hos have made the past 3 mths really fun i must say. the breast and vascular friday night TGIF dinner was tops too wahaha. 

here i go tacklin my massive to do list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment