About Me

Saturday, February 7, 2015

get back up



You turned away when I looked you in the eye,
And hesitated when I asked if you were alright,
You saw it comin' but it hit you outta no where,

And there's always scars
When you fall back far
We lose our way,
We get back up again
It's never too late to get back up again,
One day you will shine again,
You may be knocked down,
But not out forever

You're rolled out at the dawning of the day
Heart racin' as you made you little get away,
It feels like you've been runnin' all your life
But, why? Oh why?
So you've pulled away from the love that wou'd've been there,
You start believin' that your situation's unfair

We get back up,
It's never too late
You may be knocked down but not out forever!
You gonna shine again
~
strong enough - matthew west
You must, You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through

Well, forgive me
Forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own

Well, maybe
Maybe that's the point
To reach the point of giving up
'Cause when I'm finally
Finally at rock bottom
Well, that's when I start looking up
And reaching out
I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
'Cause I'm broken
Down to nothing
But I'm still holding on to the one thing
You are God and
You are strong when
I am weak

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
I don't have to be strong enough
~

i think i understand now. totally trusting is not just sitting back completely and waiting. it's about putting your talents to good use. so if you happen to have a talent for salvaging desperate situations at the eleventh hour with determination & strength that you know can't possibly come from just yourself, then you should use it. and it does come in useful when begging for scans and procedures i must say.

dont get me wrong, i totally understand the grand plan. i really do. it's just that the part of me that doesnt think rationally doesn't understand it. sigh the human heart isnt very smart sometimes. it just reacts in funny ways. SO ANYWAY. one more chance, i'm bringing everything i got. & thank God for over the years i've accumulated loads of compensatory reflexes that usually kicks in at the point i only have one chance. yeah sadly consistency is not my thing unfortunately. determination! thats my thing. i guess totally trusting is trusting that when you hit rock bottom, He will ensure that you land on your feet and that you have the capability to climb back up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment