About Me

Sunday, August 24, 2014

when the crazy kicks in/ He knows my name

some awesome francesca battistelli songs from her new album!

when the crazy kicks in
Oh, come meet me in this moment
Before it all gets going
These plates start to spin
When the crazy kicks in
A circus of distractions
It's just about to happen
I'll be ready when
When the crazy kicks in

Pushed and pulled by a thousand expectations
And all the roads that I'm supposed to play
To hit the ground, running's a temptation
But I have learned this lesson the hard way
A little time with You, the only way to get me through the day

You got me, where You want me, even through the highs and lows
You know me, and You hold me, and You show me that You'll never let me go

this sounds a bit like the pre-call calm before the storm. in every dept except dim. becos in dim at 5.01pm the calls start coming. sometimes at 5pm sharp. remembering those days in ahgeri where somehow just a little prayer to get through the day morphed into an amazing posting experience

He knows my name
Spent today in a conversation
In the mirror face to face with
somebody less than perfect
I wouldn't choose me first if
I was looking for a champion
In fact I'd understand if
You picked everyone before me
But that's just not my story
True to who You are
You saw my heart
and made
Something out of nothing
Make no mistake
He knows my name

Giants fall
Everyone's telling you
To let go of what you're holding to
It's too late, too far
You're too small, it's too hard
Throwing water on that spark
Living deep inside your heart
With oceans of reasons
The things you're not seeing
But oh, maybe they don't
Know what you know
That you're not alone

[Chorus:]
Don't you be afraid
Of giants in your way
With God you know that anything's possible
So step into the fight
He's right there by your side
The stones inside your hand might be too small
But watch the giants fall

We could really live like this
Can't you imagine it
So bold, so brave
With childlike faith
Miracles could happen
Mountains would start moving
So whatever you may face
Ask and believe
You're gonna see
The hand of God in every little thing

Hands of God
Every time you speak out
And say the words I need to hear
Every time you reach out
I can feel His love so near
I hope you know
To me you are
The hands of God

I don't doubt
God is with me in the valley
But I believe
He gave me you
To remind me
The face of love

Every time you listen to me
'Cause you know I need a friend
Every time you stop what you're doing
And help me find my way again
I hope you know
To me you are
The hands of God

You are the hand upon my shoulder when I'm hurting
You are the voice of truth and love when I am searching
For every time you reach to help me in my need
One day, Jesus will say, You did it for Me

:) for those people who have listened to all my angst all these yrs. thank you guys for every time you stopped what you were doing to listen to me. even if our lives were only ships passing in the night, for those transient moments, thank you for saving me then. it is much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment