About Me

Sunday, July 13, 2014

gone seoul searching

i must say that reading everyone's dedications really is heartwarming. God has worked in so many people's lives in so many ways & leading us all to the same endpoint

somehow it feels both overwhelming & yet underwhelming at the same time. both unbelievable and yet extremely tangible in the early am pre-rounds. work does have a way of doing that to one

but nevertheless, i think that for me, this sums it up well
 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
thank you God. i am lacking in so many ways but somehow You always save. please continue saving me in big & small ways. from life choices to surviving morning rounds to every call. and please may there always be some rainbows at the end of waterfalls. please may i always take the right bus; and if i get on the wrong ones, may they turn out to be right after all.

ps: one last thing. i know You have granted lots of my smaller random prayers over the yrs. but thank you for granting my biggest prayer of all. even though the past few yrs i might have forgotten the intensity with which i prayed for this, You remembered. i think you must have been there on that snowy day. & that's why even when life tells me otherwise, i think that those fireworks must have come from you. it seems like so far away now but i think You were happy for me then in those life experiences. it was kinda fun wasn't it? and leaving behind those childish tendancies for once & truly growing up, you were proud of me too.

i think finally apart from those i have already thanked publicly and effusively, i want to thank the edin people one last time. we did start on this journey together and now finally we have all crossed the finishing line. i know friends come & go but for me, the most important thing is not yrs down the road who's left, its more about in the middle of the flurried lives, who was once there. i think you guys were probably the ones who taught me most about myself, about what it means to be a human being & how to treat people with respect & kindness. in any marathon, sometimes people get lost in the woods and everyone runs their own races. but thanks for all the 100pluses, the bananas, and the encouragement. i remember once i ran the meadows marathon & i estimated id run more slowly than i really ran. but you guys still turned up (albeit after id crossed the finishing line haha). its something like that. for helping me to survive the first two yrs. sometimes it was barrels of fun and parties and sometimes it was like running up arthurs seat in the middle of winter. (often i DID run up arthur's seat in winter. hahaha. fun times) i know we all spent hrs and hrs of our lives together (only later rivalled by the hrs spent clerking with my cg in hospitals and persuading uncles & aunties to let us do one more cardio examination? hahahaa). i guess i should say, thanks for all the fish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment