had SUCH a good experience with urology clinics today!! :) the doctor i was assigned to was really very nice, and was v keen on teaching, seriously best teaching thus far in this 1.5 weeks of surg. he even let me take history in clinic although unfortunately erm... the patient was asymptomatic LOL so quite hard to elicit the... symptoms?
things learnt/ seen today
1. management of splenectomy post trauma [at trauma rounds]
2. hepatomegaly short case [thanks to the kind ho who let me know abt it]
3. how to identify IO on an AXR/ how to identify small/large bowel at all hahaha
4. extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for bladder stones
5. transrectal biopsy of the prostate
6. approach to RIF pain/ appendicitis/ diverticulitis
7. approach to haematuria
8. finally learnt how to read bladder/ kidney ultrasound scans coz there were 9 patients in the afternoon clinic and the dr did u/s for all of them!
9. FINALLY BALLOTED A KIDNEY!
10. read hydronephrosis [correctly] on an ultrasound scan
11. urinary stones + treatment, conservative/ surgical etc/ BPH
12. did like 3-4 PRs [more than the total i've ever done in my LIFETIME]
Its national day and im actually leaving hospital in warm sunshine!! Very very rare. On my way to overjoyed to check out sketchbooks. ...
a run down of post-exam fun friday SLEEP, batch dinner at tangs (yaY katsu don just like rj days), pccf <3 as usual, but this time no bib...
For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen. romans 11:36 sooo was supposed to h...
chef: you and i are closer now yk: how close? chef: as close as goldfish poop yk: well.. half of the goldfish is filled with poop... that...