had SUCH a good experience with urology clinics today!! :) the doctor i was assigned to was really very nice, and was v keen on teaching, seriously best teaching thus far in this 1.5 weeks of surg. he even let me take history in clinic although unfortunately erm... the patient was asymptomatic LOL so quite hard to elicit the... symptoms?
things learnt/ seen today
1. management of splenectomy post trauma [at trauma rounds]
2. hepatomegaly short case [thanks to the kind ho who let me know abt it]
3. how to identify IO on an AXR/ how to identify small/large bowel at all hahaha
4. extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for bladder stones
5. transrectal biopsy of the prostate
6. approach to RIF pain/ appendicitis/ diverticulitis
7. approach to haematuria
8. finally learnt how to read bladder/ kidney ultrasound scans coz there were 9 patients in the afternoon clinic and the dr did u/s for all of them!
9. FINALLY BALLOTED A KIDNEY!
10. read hydronephrosis [correctly] on an ultrasound scan
11. urinary stones + treatment, conservative/ surgical etc/ BPH
12. did like 3-4 PRs [more than the total i've ever done in my LIFETIME]
2nd last day of ent tmr! it has actually been quite a pleasant experience things i've seen reccently - BPPV [with the rotatory geotro...
so i woke up this morning all ready to tackle EXAM STUDYING coz i only have ONE MONTH more left to this giant exam for which i am totally no...
the redeemer - sanctus real And I need the courage to carry on, 'cause I can't see what's ahead And there are places I've w...